IIAA celebrates its Salon of the Year Awards 2022
The iiaa held its annual Salon of the Year Awards this week to recognise the achievements of more than 150 of the UK and Ireland's most accomplished skin care professionals.
The presentation ceremony took place on Monday 13th June at The Londoner, hosted by the guest of honour and keynote speaker Mariella Frostrup.
Dedicated to recognising the dedication of skincare professionals, the iiaa Salon of the Year Awards acknowledge the support they provide to their clients, as well as the results they achieve both on the skin and confidence from within.
For the first time, the iiaa introduced its Green Salon of the Year Award, presented to a business that showcases outstanding sustainability initiatives. The award was presented by environmental advocate David Alpert, Managing Director and Founder of the iiaa, to winners The Ivy Skin and Laser Clinic.
"I was delighted to launch our first-ever Green Salon of the Year Award – which is so important to us here at the iiaa, as well as to me personally," David comments. "Every year, I am also both proud and humbled by the incredible achievements of our skincare professionals. The 2022 Awards feel particularly poignant – when we reflect on such success, accomplishment, and resilience in the face of Covid and all the challenges created for salons and the high street. It was an honour to be able to celebrate these successes in person together.”
Mariella added: “The invitation to host the iiaa Salon of the Year Awards was one I couldn't turn down – to share in the celebration of remarkable beauty professionals who are so committed to achieving the very best for their clients and with it to inspire self-confidence and belief.”
This year's winners are:
BEST NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR UK AND IRELAND
- Winner - HILLTOP BEAUTY SALON
BUSINESS GAME CHANGER
- Winner of Business Game Changer Ireland 2 rooms or less: THE BEAUTY LOUNGE
- Winner of Business Game Changer Ireland 3 rooms or more: LAVISH BEAUTY
- Winner of Business Game Changer UK 2 rooms or less: OPAL ROOMS BEAUTY SPA
- Winner of Business Game Changer 3 rooms or more: SKIN MATTERS
GREEN SALON OF THE YEAR
- Winner - THE IVY SKIN AND LASER CLINIC
- Runner-up - HAYLEY NEWMAN BEAUTY AND SKINCARE
SALON OF EXCELLENCE
- BRONZE SALON OF EXCELLENCE: LONDON ROAD BEAUTY
- SILVER SALON OF EXCELLENCE: KIM VAN LEIROP
- GOLD SALON OF EXCELLENCE: THE HART SPA
- PLATINUM SALON OF EXCELLENCE: TOUCH & GLOW
SALON OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR IRELAND
SALON OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR THE UK:
- RÖ SKIN
THERAPIST OF THE YEAR
- WINNER: ZAVA BUGGY – ZAVA SKINCARE
- HELEN MCBURNEY – HELEN MCBURNEY SKINCARE
- LYDIA WEST – THE ATTIC
- TRACY AHEARNE - LAVISH BEAUTY
SPECIAL CONTRIBUTION AWARD
- MONICA TOLAN THE SKIN EXPERTS