The Eve Appeal’s Get Lippy Campaign returns this month
Gynaecological cancer charity, The Eve Appeal, and CEW will unite throughout this month to support the third ‘Get Lippy' campaign.
Through a series of activations and virtual events, women and men across the UK are being encouraged to smash taboos by speaking openly about gynaecological health, and raise awareness of gynae cancers.
This national consumer-facing campaign is encouraging a range of beauty brands to donate 10% from participating lip products sold in May to support the Get Lippy initiative. The donations will focus on helping to fund Ask Eve; a specialist nurse-led service providing information and guidance to all who are concerned about the signs, symptoms and risk factors associated with gynae cancers.
Caroline Neville MBE, President of CEW and patron of Get Lippy, comments: “We appreciate the huge pressure the Coronavirus pandemic is putting on all businesses, but we implore our members with a lip product to support the Get Lippy campaign if they can. It is vital for gynaecological health that the Ask Eve service continues to operate as normally as possible. We invite the beauty industry to join us and Get Lippy.”
The retailers supporting this year's Get Lippy campaign include Tesco and Harvey Nichols, as well as beauty brands including Vaseline, Eos, Blistex, Carmex, O'Keeffes, Smashbox, Laura Mercier, Nuxe and Elemis, to name just a few.
On a usual non-pandemic day, 58 women are diagnosed with one of the five gynaecological cancers; womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal. However, with the backdrop of the COVID-19 crisis, the charity explains that many of these women will suffer the consequences of late diagnosis because they delay seeking medical advice on their symptoms, and many families are concerned about changes to treatment plans for loved ones affected by a gynae cancer diagnosis.
Amidst the current lockdown, individuals can still actively support the Get Lippy campaign in a number of fun and imaginative ways. This year's key activations include:
- Buy a participating product online or in store from one of the campaign partners who are donating 10% during May – you can find out more on getlippy.org.uk
- Take part in Get Lippy Day on the 15th May by sending a virtual kiss to three people you miss, donating £5 to support the vital specialist nurse service by texting LIPPY to 70490, and nominating your friends to do the same.
- Virtually joining together with friends, family and colleagues to raise funds through Dress Up Fridays, every Friday through May, wearing your favourite lipstick.
- Take part in the virtual Get Lippy Run on 17th May by joining the Eve Strava group, walking, jogging or running 5k, while of course, wearing lipstick. Visit getlippy.org.uk to sign up
- Have Eve run an online workplace wellbeing session – the Ask Eve signs and symptoms overview talk for your staff during May.
For more information about the charity, visit www.eveappeal.org.uk